This 1998 report highlighted the features of most importance to invertebrates at a local scale. Key requirements are listed and examples of uncommon species that the feature supports provided. The report comprises 120 natural area tabulations with the following structure:
- habitat features identified by Local Teams (1996 listing);
- important groups of invertebrates for the habitat feature;
- examples of rare or scarce species, or those appearing the conservation lists, known from the natural area;
- specific need of the majority of invertebrates living in the habitat;
- significance of the feature for invertebrates.
Volume 1: Midland and Northern Areas, Volume 2: Southern Areas
Printed copies of these old English Nature reports are available from our Enquiry Service. Tel: 0845 600 3078 Email: email@example.com