This page presents the raw data from MENE for the period March 2009 to February 2018. Data is available in SPSS, Excel and CSV formats.
The raw data can be used for analysis at all levels of geography, although sample sizes may become an issue below the Upper-Tier Local Authority level in some instances.
Published alongside the datasets are guidance on how to weight the data correctly. Weights should only be applied for analyses at the England, Regional and Upper-Tier Local Authority level. For more details on visit destinations please see the MENE Technical Report.
The 2017/18 Headline and Technical reports can be found here.
Please note that for reasons outlined on pages 64-71 of the 2018 MENE Technical Report the survey results for question 4 have not been published in the current visit data. The survey results will be published on the 30th October after undergoing a thorough quality assurance procedure.
- The weights gross the sample result up to the population of adults living in England. After the weights are applied read all figures as thousands – i.e. a figure of 1,000 (i.e. one thousand) should be read as 1,000,000 (i.e. one million).
- Caution should be used where the underlying sample size for analyses is below 100.
- Due to a change in the survey method, data from 2016/17 and 2017/18 has been calibrated to better match historic trends – please see the Technical Report for full details.
- All data is made available under the terms of the Open Government License
- MENE is designated as official statistics. for more information see: Monitor of Engagement with the Natural Environment (MENE): compliance with the Statistics & Registration Services Act 2007