To further the application and use of Landscape Character Assessment in England and Scotland, a series of topic papers were prepared to accompany the main LCA guidance. Including:
- Topic Paper 1 – Recent Practice and the evolution of Landscape Character Assessment An explanation of the development of LCA, together with details of national approaches and other recent initiatives
- Topic Paper 2 – Links to other sustainability tools How LCA can inform a range of other sustainabilioty tools to inform decisions on conservation and enhancement of landscape character
- Topic Paper 3 – Landscape Character Assessment – how stakeholders can help An explanation of the nature of stakeholder involvement, methods of engagement and pointers to good practice
- Topic Paper 4 – Use of GIS and other computer methods An introduction to the use of GIS and other computer methods in Landscape Character Assessment including examples of good practice
- Topic Paper 5 – Understanding Historic Landscape Character Explores the relationship between Landscape Character Assessment and Historic Landscape Characterisaion/Land-use Assessment
- Topic Paper 6 – Techniques and criteria for judging capacity and sensitivity This discussion paper explores current thinking and recent practice on judging capacity and sensitivty
- Topic Paper 9 – Climate change and natural forces – the consequences for landscape character This paper outlines how LCA can be used as a tool for responding to potential climate change effects on landscape character.
Topic papers 7 and 8 are no longer available.