This report provides guidance, advice and recommendations on the management of nature conservation sites in the event of a major coastal flood. The report covers:
- the range of major coastal floods & their generic impacts on conservation sites;
- the range of conservation sites most at risk from major coastal storms;
- implications and options for English Nature prior to a major event;
- policy and planning processes that English Nature can influence;
- a potential Emergency Response Plan; and
- criteria for evaluating which areas will be afforded emergency flood management and which should be left to respond naturally.