The East Anglian Fen Invertebrate Survey (EAFIS) was carried out between 1988 and 1990. This report aims to use the EAFIS dataset as it currently stands to advise on suitable management systems for invertebrate conservation. It aims to:
- assess the current dataset and select groups for analysis;
- quantify site management and relevant environmental variables and explore how they influence site quality, species diversity and species composition;
- identify management operations favourable to invertebrate conservation;
- select taxonomic groups suitable for monitoring the effects of site management; and
- to review sampling methods.