This report details a five-month monitoring programme undertaken in England from November 2015 to March 2016. The monitoring programme had the following aims;
• To improve collation of records of dead stranded seals around the English coast.
• To carry out systematic necropsies on a proportion of the seals stranded around the English coast during this period.
• To identify cases of disease and potential disease epizootics (e.g. PDV and influenza A).
• Identify evidence for grey seal predation on other marine mammals.
• Identify legal and illegal shooting.
• Identify possible origin/s of atypical physical trauma (‘corkscrew’ injuries).
• Marine debris entanglement/ingestion