The 2017/18 Headline and Technical and Children’s reports can be found here.
Please note that for reasons outlined on pages 64-71 of the 2018 MENE Technical Report the survey results for question 4 have not been published in the current visit data. The survey results will be published as soon as they have undergone a thorough quality assurance process.
- The weights gross the sample result up to the population of adults living in England. After the weights are applied read all figures as thousands – i.e. a figure of 1,000 (i.e. one thousand) should be read as 1,000,000 (i.e. one million).
- Caution should be used where the underlying sample size for analyses is below 100.
- Due to a change in the survey method, data from 2016/17 and 2017/18 has been calibrated to better match historic trends – please see the Technical Report for full details.
- All data is made available under the terms of the Open Government License
- MENE is designated as official statistics. for more information see: Monitor of Engagement with the Natural Environment (MENE): compliance with the Statistics & Registration Services Act 2007
The Nature Connection Index (NCI) data is collected via The Monitor of Engagement with the Natural Environment series. The purpose of NCI is to gather evidence on the relative importance of contact with nature and nature connection, the characteristics of experiences in natural environments that are most likely to support nature connection and delivery of outcomes, and the role of childhood experiences in developing nature connection into adulthood. There will be a Nature Connection report published next month this will detail the analysis and findings from the data.
The Nature Connection Index (NCI) data published on the 12th June 2019 is a supplementary dataset and is collected via The Monitor of Engagement with the Natural Environment series.
A report which will provide analysis and a summary of the Nature Connection index data is due to be published in the near future. Information about this report will be available soon.